for Mobile App and Website Users
Signing Up for LifeTidy Services
LifeSafe Technology Limited (company number 13081708) (trading as LifeTidy) values the privacy of our users and clients and strives to protect the privacy and confidentiality of personal data that we use in connection with our website and mobile app. LifeTidy, as Data Controller, complies with all aspects of the UK’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. This Privacy Notice outlines how your personal information is treated and forms part of the Terms and Conditions of our website and mobile app. We may from time to time modify our Privacy Notice. We will notify you via our homepage / mobile app when we do so.
- If you use send us your data whilst using our website and/or the mobile app, this Privacy Notice relates to that data. We only ask for the data we need and do not keep it longer than necessary. We respect your privacy and, save as set out in paragraph 7 below (Security of your data), we will not disclose any personal information to any third party unless we are legally obliged to or you have consented.Our contact details
Email address: email@example.com
, Postal address: FAO: DPO, William Old Centre C/O Numerii Ltd, Ducks Hill Road, Northwood, Middlesex, England, HA6 2NP. Telephone number: 0845 582 8880
- What personal data do we collect about you, how do we use that personal data and what is our legal basis?
When you use our website or mobile app and complete either the “
section or apply for a product or service we will collect the following personal data about you:
- Device ID – we process the unique ID number of your device.
- Your username – your public username that is visible to other users of our mobile app and which you are using to log-in to your account to access our app.
- Device information – information about the device that you use, including your IP addresses and information about its operating system, platform and version.
- Your contact information – you are able, but not required, to link your email address to your account through the settings of our app. If you decide to do so, we will process your email address.
- Your individual details – name, address (incl. proof of address), date of birth, contact details (e.g. email address, telephone number), nationality and gender.
- Usage Details – the date and time you use our mobile app, usage patterns, traffic data and logs.
- Log-in details external parties – log-in details from third-parties to facilitate log-in into our app.
- Other personal information that you share with us – any other information that you share with us through your use of our app, such as chat messages.
- Your identification details – identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies (e.g., social security, citizen service or national insurance number, passport number, ID number, tax identification number, driver’s license number), a copy of your identification document.
The table below outlines the data we collect and our retention period of your data as part of our delivery of the services. Legal Basis
To provide the LifeTidy website and app to you
|The Legal Grounds for processing||The Details|
|1. Performance of our contract with you||Processing is necessary for the performance of the contract to which you are a party.|
|2. Compliance with a legal obligation||Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.|
|3. For our legitimate Interests||Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate business interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data. These legitimate interests are set out next to each purpose.|
|4. Your explicit consent||You have given your explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes.You are free to withdraw your consent by contacting our Data Protection Contact. However withdrawal of this consent may impact our ability to provide the services. |
|5. For legal claims||Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity.|
– we require your personal data to be able to provide our services to you. This includes the use of your personal data to allow you to use our LifeTidy app, including for the execution of transactions upon your request when using the platform in our app or on our website, to manage our relationship with you, and all communications related to the ongoing management of the services. Use justification:
(1) performance of our contract with you; and (2) compliance with a legal obligation. For security purposes and to analyse and continuously improve our app
– we may use personal data for testing and improving our app, platform and services, the security thereof and for further tailoring our app to our users’ needs (including by estimating and measuring usage patterns). Only in very exceptional circumstances will we use personal data for testing purposes and if this is necessary, it will always be in a closed and secured environment. We will also use your personal data to inform you when updates of our app are available. Use justification:
(1) performance of our contract with you; and (3) for our legitimate business interests (to enable us to ensure the security of our systems and further improve our mobile app). For marketing our products and services
– we may use personal data to contact you by email and send you push notifications in our app and on our website for marketing purposes. During the registration process you were offered the option to indicate that you would prefer not to receive such marketing. In addition, you may opt-out at any time from any of these marketing communications through the user settings of our app or by following instructions that we include in, for example, our newsletters. Use justification:
(1) performance of our contract with you; and (3) for our legitimate business interests (to provide information which we consider may be of interest to you). To defend our legitimate interests and to change our business structure
– We may disclose personal data in connection with legal proceedings or investigations anywhere in the world to third parties, such as public authorities, law enforcement agencies, regulators and third party litigants (these third parties are not data processors on behalf of LifeTidy and will process personal data for their own purposes). In confidence, we may also provide your personal data to any potential acquirer of or investor in any part of our business for the purpose of that acquisition or investment. Use justification:
(1) performance of our contract with you; (3) legitimate interest (to enable us to cooperate with law enforcement and regulators and to allow us to change our business); and (5) for legal claims. Do we disclose your personal data to others and where is data being stored?
LifeTidy stores your personal data on our IT systems located in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA). LifeTidy engages various data processors for the processing of your personal data on our behalf, including IT service providers and other business service providers. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which means that they cannot do anything with your personal data unless we have instructed them to do so. They will not share your personal data with any organisation (unless legally required to do so) apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period that we instruct and then either return it to us or destroy it as we instruct. LifeTidy may be legally required to disclose your personal data in response to requests from regulators and law enforcement or security agencies, in which case these regulators and law enforcement or security agencies will be acting as a data controller as well. LifeTidy will always assess the legitimacy of such requests before disclosing any personal data and will only disclose the personal data required to comply with such a request. From what sources do we collect your personal data?
We may obtain personal data from various sources, including:
Do we use any automated decision making?
- from you directly through our LifeTidy mobile app and website; and
- those who we engage for performing background checks that form part of our acceptance process.
We may use a CRM customer management system that can choose what messages and offers are made to our customers based upon their profile and purchase history. This is used by the marketing team as part of their contact management.
- Do we transfer your personal data outside of the EU or EEA?
Your data captured from the website and mobile app is stored on our IT systems located in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA). Your rights concerning the information we hold about you….
If you live in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the UK, you currently have the following rights for information that LifeTidy holds about you. LifeTidy undertakes to provide you with the same rights no matter where you choose to live if you are a UK or EU citizen.
- Right to access: You have the right to access (and obtain a copy of, if required) the categories of personal information that we hold about you, including the source of the information, purpose, period of processing, and the persons with whom the information is shared.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to update the information we hold about you or to rectify any inaccuracies. Based on the purpose for which we use your information, you can instruct us to add supplemental information about you to our database.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
- Right to restriction of processing: You may also have the right to request to restrict the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as when you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to transfer your information to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in circumstances where the information is processed with your consent or by automated means.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as the use of your personal information for direct marketing.
- Right to complain: You have the right to complain to the appropriate supervisory authority if you have any grievance against the way we collect, use or share your information.
- Security of your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our written instructions. They are subject to a duty of confidentiality and have undertaken the necessary training. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
LifeTidy will amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will make that information available by posting a notice on this site and on the app. If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
in the first instance as most matters can be resolved informally. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
. Their address is Wycliffe House, Water Ln, Wilmslow SK9 5AF.